I've tried twice before to teach Jackson to tie his shoes. And by try, I mean show him once and help him once before him loosing interest and giving up. Last month, he needed new shoes for school and BEGGED me for lace ups instead of velcro and I gave in. I've asked some friends for their opinions and advice on how to teach kids how to tie their shoes but there wasn't one method that stuck out. This morning we tried again. I went through all three methods with him a couple times and then we decided the bunny ears was the way to go. He wasn't that into it and said he couldn't do it and it was too hard and whined through it all but it took less than TEN MINUTES!!! Then of course he was so excited and went around the house showing Nick and Bennett.
Learn to tie your shoes - CHECK!
Next up:
Ride a bike without training wheels
Yay J!
ReplyDelete